Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Song Update

Morning! So, I'm not normally a morning person but today is special. Gil and I will be having breakfast out this morning. I've been meaning to go to this place for a while now whilst being here in QLD, it serves something called "Jamaican Breakfast". Here's the deal, I'll make sure to take a photo of the meal to show you all. It's freakin' beautiful.

[To the Herd: It's kinda like Big Breakfast!...mmmm]

So, back to the New Song Update as promised. This song I wrote up here in QLD. Funny story actually. Gil brought down our recording microphone in case I decided to record and sure enough I was inspired and wrote a song. This song was inspired by a real situation but I shall not disclose names... you know, to keep you guessing.

Here are the lyrics to the first verse and the title. I'll update this asap but for now here's a little something to ponder. The Audio shall be up soon, it's already recorded but not refined.


This picture below is my hand dandy (mini) song writing book.


















This Time Last Year
(Lyrics)
by Karen Esco


Verse 1

I know it's over but I can't seem to shake you
The feelings I still have I can't seem to break through
(Things we would do, now I can't seem to do alone)
(I'm sleepin' on the right side of the bed to smell your cologne)

But I know, you ain't comin' back to this
So here are a few things about you
That I'm gonna miss...

Well people, this is what I'll post for now, I've only posted the 1st verse but on the left is the rest of the lyrics if you can make them out. It's not 100% done yet. please tell me what you think it's about. I want to see if the meaning of the song is felt. Happy Viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment